Disclaimer: This May 14th will be my first one, so there’s probably some bias here…. like this is what sounds good to me. Pretty sure I’m not alone though. Moms, feel free to comment with what you’re hoping for this weekend.
1) Sleep— This is number one for good reason. It takes the cake and tops the list. I can almost guarantee nothing would make her happier than going to bed early, waking up late, and not being bothered one, single time in between. You may have great intentions with breakfast in bed, but just let her sleep!
2) Something to make her feel beautiful and pampered— Whether you send her out for a pedicure or off to a nice bubbly bath in your own tub, help her feel refreshed and rejuvenated. Give her time to do her hair and make up fancy too if she’s into that stuff.
3) Time to herself— Send her out for brunch with her girlfriends, coffee with her bff, or even take the kids out of the house and let her help herself to numbers 1 and 2 at home alone and in peace. Family lunches and dinners are awesome, but if she has to get the kids ready, pack the bags, etc, etc…… well that’s what she already does every other day.
4) All the sentimental stuff— Us women basically live for sweet notes, kind words, and hand made works of art. Anything that takes time, effort, and thought totally makes our day. Don’t skip that stuff, even if it seems cheesy or repetitive. “You’re the best mom in the world” notes never get old!
5) Time with her family— Us moms literally live to care for and be with our family. There’s really no place we’d rather be. So, AFTER (again I say, after) these other needs have been met, a nice meal out with the kids or family time at home, would be lovely. Just make sure mom’s not the one packing bags, getting kids dressed, changing diapers, making plans, and so on.
Thanks for taking time to read. You obviously care about the mom in your life!